Re: Cylinder Static Spark Gap

At 10:04 AM 8/17/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

Trying to build a Cylinder Spark Gap out of a 6" piece of PVC (it's actually a coupler not an actual piece of pipe). Currently using 1" x 4" (ish) OD Copper pipe. Between 6 and 8 electrodes. There must be an easy way to layout and drill the holes. I've tried to use exact measurements but I didn't get the results I was looking for (which means I can't figure out the measurements). I've resorted to trial and error which I'm not particularly impressed with. This stink'n thing is making me cross eyed. I'm almost to the point of unplugging the dremel and beating it against the garage floor. Figured I'd drop the list a line and see if some of the veterans could show me some tricks.

This is precisely why I laid my copper pipe multigap out in a straight line. Nothing special about a circular arrangement, other than it hides the light from the sparks, and makes plumbing a fan easier.