From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:05 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cylinder Static Spark Gap

Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

Trying to build a Cylinder Spark Gap out of a 6" piece of PVC (it's
actually a coupler not an actual piece of pipe). Currently using 1" x
4" (ish) OD Copper pipe. Between 6 and 8 electrodes. There must be an
easy way to layout and drill the holes. I've tried to use exact
measurements but I didn't get the results I was looking for (which
means I can't figure out the measurements). I've resorted to trial
and error which I'm not particularly impressed with. This stink'n
thing is making me cross eyed.  I'm almost to the point of unplugging
the dremel and beating it against the garage floor. Figured I'd drop
the list a line and see if some of the veterans could show me some
tricks.