Re: MMC Question.

Original poster: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Glen

Option 1 is what most folks use.

However, I would avoid aluminum conductors anywhere in the current path. Aluminum forms a highly insulating self-protecting oxide layer upon exposure to air, and electrical connections to it can be difficult and temperamental, not to mention having a high loss at RF levels. You're much better off with copper (best) or brass (second best) strips for your buss bars. an eBay search will usually turn up copper buss bar stock.

HTH,

Dave

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

Just received my new shiny bag of caps that Dr. Resonance kindly provided. I got my fancy polycarbonate MMC perfboard fabricated. But now that I got to thinking; what would be the best way to wire them up? Option #1, would it matter if I terminated *both* strings to the same two pieces of metal at each end of the MMC? Or should I go with Option #2 and keep them all in a strict series? Wouldn't it still perform the same function in either scenario? Forgive the newbie question I'm sure this is basic electronics.

<http://www.cyplexia.com/IM000525.JPG>http://www.cyplexia.com/IM000525.JPG

Option #1

         Aluminium Strip            Aluminium Strip