RE: Physics of Wireless Transmission

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

> This page explains it better than I can:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/magnetic/magfield.html

The Hyperphysics page also explains the H and B fields as two
distinctly different manifestations of magnetism.  It is clearly
stated in Maxwell's equation where B is equal to H times
permeability.  This is like saying potential is equal to current
times resistance.  We don't say that current and potential are
the same thing, or even similar.  The B and H fields are not the
same thing, nor even similar.  In fact, some authorities say the
two units are orthogonal to each other.

Do you agree that the relativistic interpretation of the term in
parentheses is incorrectly labeled?

http://www.greenfacts.org/power-lines/toolboxes/magnetic-field-un
its.htm

> > > Magnetic Field Intensity Units
> > >
> > > The International System (SI) unit of field intensity for
magnetic
> > > fields is Tesla (T). One tesla (1 T) is defined as the
field
> > > intensity generating one newton of force per ampere of
current per
> > > meter of conductor:
> > >
> > > T = Nw . A-1 . m-1 = kg . s-2 . A-1
> >
> >The above is incorrect.  The web site is also incorrect.  The
tesla is
> >a unit of magnetic flux density, not magnetic field intensity
> >(strength).  Magnetic field intensity (strength) is:
> >
> >Coul / m * sec (in MKS units)
> >A / m (in SI units)
> >
> >To resolve our disagreement in understanding units, we need a
more
> >authoritative source for the definitions of units.  I use
> >NIST:
> >http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/units.html
> >
> >As I mentioned before, the relativistic charge equation
produces the
> >wrong units for magnetic field strength.
> >
> >I have noticed that many different authorities do not properly

> >understand the difference between magnetic flux density
(tesla, gauss,
> >B field) and magnetic field strength (H field).  They are
often
> >erroneously interchanged in order to get the desired results.

Dave