Re: Black ABS

At 03:35 PM 4/24/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Not sure if that describes the pipe that I have, it's
schedule 40, rated for pressure, and is hard and solid
all the way through...

OK then, the cellular foam core thing probably isn't an issue.

however, just because it's Schedule 40, doesn't mean it's pressure rated (Sched 40 just specifies the dimensions)

"ABS pipe is available in solid wall and cellular core construction in Schedule 40 dimensions. These two forms may be used interchangeably for DWV applications"
http://www.ppfahome.org/abs/index.html

"ABS, PE and PVC materials are all available with 73 F stress rating for use in pressure piping. "
http://www.ppfahome.org/pressure.html

It also passes the static electricity test if I rub my
arm agianst it.

I have some carbon black loaded ABS pipe that passes the static electricity test, but still is a conductor (a poor one). I think it's because it has an insulating film as the outer layer.