Re: Black ABS

Hi,

At 02:27 PM 4/24/2006, you wrote:
Terry,

What would be the best test with an NST?  Since the
pipe is 1/8 inch thick, would putting 15KV on either
side of the pipe and seeing if it conducts be a good
test?  What would I expect with conductive pipe, would
it punch right through?

BTW: The hunk I have makes the hair on my arm stand up
with static, so that's another indication...

Thanks,

Curt.

The plastic should hold off about 125,000 volts. If you put the wires from an NST on each side, they should not be able to penitrate it although there may be a blue glow. If its carbon, it will burn right through it.

Since your plastic is hard and shinny, I bet it is ok.

Cheers,

        Terry