RE: False sense of security, thread locker

Hi Jon, DC, all,

Yes, I notice tungsten shrinks quite a bit when it's frozen. Even still they
were hard to get in as my machinist did do a close tolerance ream fit to the
brass alltread. These are 1/8" electrodes destined for DC low power testing
and the brass is nearly threaded on the G10.

The point was twofold, is this a well known issue? Some may trust loctite
under other circumstances. Secondly, does anyone know if there a suggested
thread locker that is designed to maintain adherence under very high
temperature conditions? I haven't found any short of brazing :-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to be very clear on this when I build the
18" using 2.2" 1/2" tungsten; my rotor is 5/8" G10.

Best Regards,
Jim Mora