Re: Why cant we feel RF burns?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Sam,

The lack of pain is due to the fact that the nerves do not respond to the high frequency pulses or oscillations. Blood vessels and nerve sheaths are good conductors of HF electricity, however, and that is why the damage can be severe w/o being painful. Once tissue burning has occurred, there will be delayed pain in spite of the fact that some of the nerves have been cauterized.

Matt D.