Why cant we feel RF burns?

Original poster: d a <btoc3000@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I quote this from a website I came across:

Burns: Due to the high frequencies involved, Tesla coils can cause severe burns without the sensation of pain. These burns are typically very deep and need long term medical attention.

Does it mean that RF (because of the high frequencies), can induce the current to flow along the blood vessels without flowing along the membranes. As such, we wont be able to feel the pain because the nerve cells, etc are located along the membranes and not inside any blood vessels...

Is it only RF current can be able to flow in the inner parts of the body without flowing along the membranes (exterior) first? If so, how is that possible? Do we just take it for granted that RF current has this special property of allowing the current to flow in the inner parts w/o any flowing along the exterior?

Thanks
Sam