Re: Introduction

"Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

It was around 60 years ago, as I recall,  that the president of the
ARRL amateur-radio society died in his "ham shack" from electrocution
by his 1 KW rig.  Ever since then I've been leery of h.v.  Likely a
mojor reason why I've stuck almost entirely to s.s.
t.c.'s  Congratulations on your survival!

Ken Herrick"

	Found a brief summary of the story and it was more relevant to current
TC work than I remembered.  He had built a TV receiver with a rhombic
antenna and was receiving TV signals from New York at a distance of 115
miles.  He was electrocuted on the night of September 13, 1938.  Quote:
"The high-voltage supply for his picture tube used a pole transformer
(because one was available), and in his usual impatience he failed to
excercise the necessary precaution."  Lots to think about there and a
lesson for all.  Probably "only" 4400 volts, but..........

Ed