Re: Mike Marcum Ferrite Cores

Original poster: mecortner@xxxxxxxxxx

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It depends on your application and the grade of ferrite in the
transformers being compatable. Some recent colour monitors seem to be
using 3C8 grade but they once used 3C6 which is nowhere near as good
at 100kHz.

Malcolm

Hi Malcom, it seems you know something about ferrite materials. All I know is it should have low hysteresis and low eddie currents loss but other than that I'm in the dark. The generator will put out frequencies from 50 Hz to 500 Hz but mostly 60 Hz for driving NST's for coils. What material do you think would be best?

Thanks

---- Matt Cortner ----