Re: cere-mite caps

Original poster: <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I bought a lot of 10 ceramite doorknobs about 5 years ago that are 4000pf and 40,000 volt, so 2 of them in parallel would work on a 15/30. Performance was not spectacular, but they did get amazingly hot after very short run times. The same capacitors worked quite well in Dan's Marx generator. I say to stick with poly foil film capacitors. I have had very good performance with that style of capacitor, even if they were not CD 942c series.

Dave Goodfellow

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:43 PM Subject: Re: cere-mite caps

Before planning on using those I'd sure attempt to find out what their
dissipation factor is; they could be "high k" bypass capacitors and not
particularly useful for high frequency work.  Probably do a Google on
the part number and the manufacturer's name.

Ed