OL-DRSSTC 10

Hi All,

I mostly did paperwork today updating the parts list and ordering parts.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-MasterPartsList.pdf

I also got the 150nF primary cap installed and retuned the primary coil. I need to change the bias resistors from 47K to 4.7K for the big primary cap, but the super trigger still seems to fire up the coil fine. The latest schematic is here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-09.gif

With the new primary cap and coil values, the bang cycle time is way down:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-2005-10-12-001.gif

The IGBTs run far cooler now with the shorter cycle time!! I also raised the fan further above the IGBTs so the airflow and cooling are much better. It will run 100 amps at about +5C now which is very good. Higher currents also have far less transition time as show in this captures:

2.5uS at 50 amps
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-2005-10-12-002.gif

1.56uS at 100 amps
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-2005-10-12-003.gif

The CT's feedback voltage is at 1V/amp right now. I could raise that to say 5V/amp if more speed is needed. It seems to take about 8 volts to turn on the IGBTs...

I also thought about laying it all out on a single 6 x 6 PC board...

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-2005-10-12-004.gif

Didn't get much else done today.

Cheers,

	Terry