Re: Is perspex suitable material for former of secondary of a Tesla coil?

"Hello,
This is my first post.
I thought I better check as most designs I have seen used PVC.
I have a 22" by 3.5" perspex tube whose walls are quite thick.
Is this suitable.
I am currently making preperations for winding jig for this tube.
As I have it available I was contemplating using 0.6mm wire as I have
this handy
but it is Grade 2.
My main question as this is of importance now is the Perspex tube I
have suitable?
(Despite looking I have not found a definative article as to what
materials are useable apart from Air and PVC seem to get mentioned a
lot)
Also is Grade 2 ECW Suitable?
Cheers
Andy"

	I think Perspex is an acrylic plastic and as such should work OK.
However, it can craze easily so don't put any varnish or anything else
containing solvent on it until you check on a scrap piece first.

Ed