Re: Is perspex suitable material for former of secondary of a Tesla coil?

At 02:52 PM 10/12/2005, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

is the Perspex tube I have suitable?
Also is Grade 2 ECW Suitable?

"Perspex" and "Grade 2 " probably don't mean a thing to people who live outside the UK ;-)

I have a coil wound on an acrylic tube and it works a treat.

Ah... but the tesla coil building lot is a font of obscure information and part identifiers..

"so are you using Wima FKPs?"
"No, I'm using 942s"

I'll bet a lot of people on the list know that Perspex and Plexiglas are both trade names for various acrylics.

Grade 2 ECW, I have to confess I have no idea... Enameled Copper Wire?
(bingo...http://thedatastream.4hv.org/sstc1.html)