Re: Please Does Anyone Have A Terry Filter?

Hi Miles,

It's best to simply gather the Terry filter parts and build it. Terry has a real art for coming up with excellent gizmo's that help us with coiling measurements, filters, etc... We're lucky someone like him is "that" involved in this hobby. So, it's up to each of us to either figure out the same (thought, hard work, testing, write-ups, etc..) or simply build the darn device that Terry has already put all that into. That's my choice. Thus, I've built just about everything Terry has come up with. Granted, we may slightly modify it for a given frequency or similar, but it's all based on that hard work already figured out.

I can't count the times I've used my Terry Filter, my Terry Low-Z amp, my Terry antenna array, my Terry Tuner, and most of all, my Terry-good-sense. ;-)

Build the filter. It will be a good investment into the protection of your NST. Don't worry about what type of job you'll do. I sometimes see others work and think to myself "cheesy work", and then I build it myself and think "man I suck". :-(

If you have any questions on any part of it, just ask the list. Almost everything needs some type of clarification.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 9 Oct 2005, at 14:08, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I understsnd there are a few people who do not use a "terry"  filter I
> beleave your question would be better stated who dose not use one?
>       Robert   H

I don't, but in order to do so without wrecking the transformer it is
imperative to keep the wires wetween the transformer secondary and TC
sparkgap as short as possible (like a few inches). The main gap _is_
the safety gap by proxy so it is also imperative to keep the gap
setting at or below the o/c peak output voltage of the transformer.
    If both the above conditions are not adhered to it would be wise
to include a filter.

Malcolm