Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

"I think we can all agree that a grounded Tesla coil without a
Marconi-type antenna is a poor source of radio waves, i.e.,
electromagnetic waves that have closed back upon themselves and are
no longer associated with the antenna.

In my mind the questions to be answered are these:

1) Is a well-grounded non-sparking toploaded Tesla coil operated in a
CW mode at, say, 35 kHz capable of producing locally a periodic
disturbance in the earth's electrical charge?"

	Depends on your definition of "earth's charge".  The coil will
certainly produce a local ELECTRICAL FIELD.

"2) If so, at what distance from the TC transmitter can the electrical
disturbance be detected using a receiving transformer of similar size?"

	What's the power and what's the detector sensitivity?

"3) If the disturbance can be detected at a multiple wavelength
distance from the launching structure, does this distance increase
with an increase in transmitter power?"

	Certainly.

"4) If the transmission-reception distance does, in fact, increase
with an increase in transmitter power, what is the mathematical
relationship between the two?

Gary"

	The range should increase as the square root of the power if no direct
capacitive coupling is involved.

Ed