Re: Criss Angel, MindFreak on A&E TV: Video Posted Online

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,
------

> Original poster: Terry Fritz
> <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> :o)))))
>
> Be very aware that the "show persons" bend, twist,
> and exaggerate the
> facts with "GREAT" "artistic license"...  As PT
> Barnum says "There's
> a sucker born every minute!".
-----
Well aware of that.
It is just a part of a showbiz and I have nothing
against exaggeration of this sort.
-----

> I do note that great friends today, become perfect
> strangers tomorrow...
-----
True and very sad.
Many people including myself have experienced this.
-----

> But on the other side, these people do work in the
> CA entertainment
> industry and deal with safety regulations,
> inspectors, insurance
> companies, unions, lawyers... at a level that would
> kill the ordinary
> human...  I do note that often the safety
> certifications are just to
> "build up" the fact that they really might know what
> they are
> doing.  Anyone can sign up for every safety class,
> defibrillator
> training, fist aid, CPR... class known to man kind.
> The difference
> is, they "have to"...  It is a very real part of
> their "game"...
-----
Yes.
But think more about what she said.
To cite her again.
D.Stampe:"But it's what I love doing.I even made it
into the Guinness Book of World Records.Twice!I found
out that if you beat your own record,they pay you
$20000,but they only pay $10000 for the first time.So
I beat the the old record for channeling electricity
using a small voltage that I would do at any little
show and then did it again 6 months later using a
really good voltage..."

I ask myself if that was just a hand waved argument.
What record?What conditions?Small voltages ,large
voltages..What on earth she is talking about?
I know for sure that Guinness Book has a very strict
and clearly defined rules and supervision for breaking
any record it is willing to accept.
Hmm..
Perhaps she  is really an electricity resilient person
and can withstand shocks that would kill normal
humans.I have heard there are such people.

Regards,
Boris