Re: SIZE of RF chokes?

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

So you are saying it will randomly and sparratically fire faster, then slower, then faster....and so on?
Not good for my coil. If this is what you meant, im keeping my NST at 120VAC

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SIZE of RF chokes?
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:51:32 -0700

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 11/25/05 8:16:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

i may, after inserting a new MMC (it is rated double my previous
capacitor), crank my power up to 140VAC.

* I once thought output Hz is equal to the input Hz(i thought my NST
has a 60Hz output, always)

Your NST still outputs 60 Hz. With the higher voltage, your gap will, from time to time, fire twice per charging cycle raising the AVERAGE breakrate above 120 times per second. The higher the charging voltage, the more double discharges occurs, thus the higher the average breakrate over a second.

Matt D.