Re: Newbie Question

My question is this, as I tinker with the coil & hopefully start getting longer streamers, could strikes to the walls & ceiling cause any problems with equipment connected to the house AC wiring? My concern is the possibility of a streamer finding it's way through the drywall into the wiring, or maybe more likely, striking an AC outlet or light fixture & putting a lot of HV & RF directly into the wiring.

My wife's not real big on this whole Tesla thing & frying the house wiring or our electronic stuff wouldn't help things.

Like I said, this may be a dumb quesion.  I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

Dennis, Hopkinton MA"

Not a dumb question at all and the answer, of course, is yes!!!!!
There is always the possibility of hidden fires too. Somewhere I have a letter from Richard Hull on the general subject. One of the TCBOR tapes showed lots of strikes going into the ceiling, fluorescent lamps, walls, bench grinder, etc. I asked him if they'd ever had any trouble because of that and the answer was something like: "Other than a few fires, burned out appliances and shorts in the AC lines the only trouble was when one of our guys burned himself badly with a home made X-ray tube."
Real low key answer but the danger is real enough and I never run a coil, even my small ones, where there can be strikes to the power lines or any equipment.

Ed