Re: LTR vs. STR for pigs was Re: PFC Question

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>  >  > I realized after sending the message above that Dmitry's attempt to
>  >  > equate E x BPS with the 1.7 factor was flawed - that factor applies
>  >  > to *wallplug draw*
>  >
>  > you wanna say, that for example, in my future coil these values would
>  > differ in several times? :-)))  it`s just impossible. Zprimary of my
>  > coil - about 25 Ohm, Rsg is going to be not more than 1 Ohm, full
>  > transfer - 3 cycles, then if we`ll assume that _each_ cycle i lose 4%
>  > (it`s far away from that really), then during the transfer time i`ll
>  > lose 12% maximum. so as i said - W ~ E x BPS.

> You may end up being as surprised as I was when you actually try it.

stop - my inattention - what`s the connection between the tank circuit
losses and the (E x BPS)?
none at all - we compare the consumpted energy from the mains and the energy
in the cap, not in the toroid! the difference between W and (E x BPS)
is determined only by the losses in the transfomer/ballast - it
easily can be less than 10% for example, so - i`m right even more.

-----
If you ever set up a wireless power transmitting station like
Wardencliffe as proposed by Tesla, I will personally come and kick
your ass! (c) 25-07-1996 Robert W. Stephens