Re: primary angle

Hi Daniel,

The angle will affect the coupling. You can run your coil design thru JAVATC and it will tell you the coupling and if too high, you can lower the primary (or raise the secondary). I've built a inverted conical primary as well for a smaller coil and it worked just fine. The inclination angle was 30 degrees. Since you have it built, it would just try it and see what happens and adjust accordingly. Most dont bother with these complicated primaries since it is still possible to get too much coupling with flat primaries. Secondary to primary breakdown and racing arcs are the problems you may have to deal with and the relative height between primary and secondary is what you have to fix them.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, does the angle of the primary affect the coupling? I have my primary set at 40 degrees to horizontal becuase it was the easyest to wind that way. What should I do if angle is to high? thanks for input

Daniel From Canada

_