Re: Using HV COAX without stripping the shield

"Thankyou for the link. I've been googling on the blumlein effect recently and the results seem to indicate a transmission line effect used for pulse shaping. Assuming there isn't a broader definition, I believe termination will kill the effect whether its load or source termination. In the googled results, the effect was initiated by a spark gap firing (like our TC's) with a fully charged transmission line."

Right. There's no such thing as a "blum line"; Alan Blumlein was the name of a British engineer who developed that configuration for radar modulator use early in WW2. He was already a prominent TV engineer. Unfortunately he was killed in a radar flight test accident about 1943.

Ed