Re: Using HV COAX without stripping the shield

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,
I think I will do the same, though we have some RG-17 from work has a really large diameter plastic insulated center conductor for good HV and the conductor itself maybe as much as 10 AWG or 8 AWG.
We were scrapping some plate transformers from induction heaters because they were still good but taking up so much room, the original machines long taken down into parts in the shelves, one pair caught my eye, rare single phase at this power, so I asked and they let me load the truck and drive it over here. 30 Kva 200 to 250, single phase with a secondary of 10 kV, 3 amps. The company saved the other as stock
While I have interest in DRSSTC, I also like traditional coils and thinking of using this HV switching tube on the rectified supply rather than a gap.
One thing for sure, that transformer and it's weight, can stay put and I'll take the HV from it on cables. That is a dry transformer but is still way too heavy to haul around.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 5:38 PM Subject: Re: Using HV COAX without stripping the shield

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx
I use RG213 for feed lines to my pole transformer. With the outer vinyl jacket and braided copper shield removed.

Ed Sonderman