Re: New coil woes rebuilding nst

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I baked mine in a gas oven that had fairly precise
temperature control. I set it in a $1.00 metal bowl
and let it bake at the lowest setting for half an
hour. If that wasn't enough heat to soften the
potting, I incresed the heat five degrees. I did
several that way, and if your oven controls
temperature adequately, you should have minimal odors
if you only heat it enough to soften the potting. I
used old oven mits to handle the hot core as I scraped
the potting away with a scraper. It's a little messy,
but not too bad. I soaked my cores in gasoline after
cooling them, but that's not necessary, and it makes
the remaining potting much more messy.

Adam