Re: spray enamel vs shellack

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

I answered it. Without knowing precisely the properties/brand/etc of the enamel there is no way of knowing if it will work or not.

Why not just use a material especially formulated for the project ---
Dolph's AC-43C?  No guesswork --- it works excellent.

Dr. Resonance

> Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> All,
> Several of you have responded to Steven's question but no one has answered
> it. He asked if spray enamel is suitable for covering a coil. The answers
> you gave only addressed his mention of shellac and the superiority of
> polyurethane over shellac.
>
> I have the same question as Steven. Is enamel paint suitable for covering
> the wiring of a secondary coil?? Enamel cost less than 1/2 that of
> polyurethane. I know it isn't much but when you are on an extremely tight
> budget, as many of us are, every penny counts and if you are like me, you
> want to expend what funds you have in the most economical way. This way,
we
> can concentrate spending on what counts the most. Thanks.
> Paul
> Think Positive

<<mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
o.uk>