RE: Stripped Coax

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

 Hi Gerry

Correct on RG-8, that is 50 ohm, I use a lot of that and RG-213 for RF
use and some RG-11 for matching use on antennas. The unknown cable I
have is built like RG-11 with the 14ga solid wire center, .405 dia but
has dual shield and sticky foil.

Cheers,
	Rich

Subject: Re: Stripped Coax

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Rich,

If I remember correctly, RG-6 is 75 ohms and has a foam core.  RG-8 is
50
ohms and has a solid polyethylene core and is thick stuff.  I would
think
the thick solid core would be better for HV.  Someone correct me if this
is
wrong.

Gerry R