Re: X-Ray Transformer on eBay

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

That's the smallest x-ray tranny I've seen. Too bad it'd need shims all over the sec to hold it still. Half way tempted to buy it an try it in a TC at 30/15 to see how it'd do compared to a 7.5/60 nst. I know TC's love current, even tho more current=more I2R losses. Looks like current limiting would be mostly built in the way the pri and sec are seperated. What do you guys think?

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:23 PM
Subject: X-Ray Transformer on eBay

Original poster: tesla@xxxxxxx
I saw this, and bit on it once and was outbit.  I decided I didn't really
need to kill myself with it (I have plenty of 15kV stuff for that) and
figured I'd let everyone here know about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7512508903

Nice thing about this one is the input is 120VAC line voltage.. no need
for a driver circuit.

--
Ian Smith
www.ian.org <-- My Homepage full of "Stuff"