Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Class Of Operation?

It was odd...

Last night I was "working on my DRSSTC". I had the laptop computer, controller, scope... all spread out over the bed. I was loading programs into different banks of the controller and checking the output on the scope*. I worked deep into the night getting it all perfect... Just "programming stuff"... But those "programs" can vastly and dramatically change the operation of the coil!! Far more than tuning or fiddling with the top terminal!!! I tried the controller tonight**, it is "stunning" how switching a "program" can "change the coil"...

The thought occurred to me that we may soon be pondering the best "program or algorithm", as the "electrical parts" of our coils fade into "simplicity"... They used to laugh at us that tried to simply "model" Tesla coils on computers... Now, the era of the "computer" being the "heart" of the Tesla coil is almost upon us!!!

It is getting very strange :-))))))))

Cheers,

        Terry

*very important to double and triple check the programs!!! In one case, the on pulse time (T1) would roll over from 0uS to 65536 uS as it was turned down!!! Having the darn thing hang on that long would be "BAD"!! I added three redundant program checks for that ;-)) I need to add a pulse output BNC connector to the controller just to help verify the function of the programs before they are actually run on the coil...

**I was putting up chain link fencing all day so never got the 6000BPS coil outside (body too wrecked). Robot meeting tomorrow. Shooting for Thursday now...