RE: X-Ray Transformer VERY Scarred!

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The paper burned (the oil was still wet, I tried right after dipping) almost instantly. I would say 1/2 second after the flame hit it. This is good news right?

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: X-Ray Transformer VERY Scarred!
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:57:18 -0600

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

Hello Daniel

Outside your home, burn of a small piece of paper dipped in the oil. If
the oil burns, it is not likely to be PCBs. If the oil does not burn, it
is most likely PCBs. Some people have an allergy to oil, even if its not
PCBs. You can get cork casket material from an engine auto shop.

Godfrey Loudner

Do you think this can contain PCBs?  I got the cover
off and the oil (or PCBs) splashed a little and got on my hands and
face.  The smell was pungent but not overwhelming.  I started to feel
sick
breathing it in.