Re: X-Ray Transformer VERY Scarred!

Original poster: "Matthew Carlson" <mjc8804@xxxxxxx>

As for the PCB's, I have no clue, the gasket though, I can help.

At Auto Zone, or any respected auto parts dealer you can find gasket
maker.  I think Permatex is who makes it, and it comes in a black can
with a "whip cream nozzle" per say.  Basically you tilt the nozzle, and
this stuff (black sticky stuff) comes out and you create a new gasket.
While it still malleable, you put it on, and should form a good gasket.

>>> "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> 5/1/2005 8:14:35 PM >>>
Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I was going to take out those rectifiers in my x-ray transformer and
thought of something.  Do you think this can contain PCBs?  I got the
cover
off and the oil (or PCBs) splashed a little and got on my hands and
face.  The smell was pungent but not overwhelming.  I started to feel
sick
breathing it in.
The color is about the same as new motor oil.  I can almost see to the

bottom (it is about 12" tall)  I am now very scarred and have not
touched
it since the thought came to my mind.  What could happen?  Is there a
way
to tell if it is PCBs?  The thing is probably around 35-40 years
old.  There is no markings of any kind on the case.

I have some other question too but the above is my main concern.
First, if
some oil drips out is that ok?  It was so full that when I took the lid
off
some poured out.  Second, it had a cork type gasket and it is now
broken
up, what should I do to make sure it is completely sealed again?
Thanks