[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ted Rosenberg..Radio Shack
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Ted Rosenberg..Radio Shack
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:27:00 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:29:48 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <lW6JYD.A.pAH.T2JLCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
In my area (Chattanooga, TN) Radio Shack is more of a
glorified cellphone store. They seem to push cell
plans on people more than any other product, it's
pretty annoying. It was sad to see the project kits
mostly disappear and go downhill since my childhood.
Too bad about Ted dropping out of coiling. I haven't
been doing a lot myself over the last year and a half
because I have gotten pretty obsessed with ham radio
(particularly CW). I have continued to follow all the
interesting threads on the TCML and I will be back.
But that reminds me, radio shack dropped about 10
notches down in many people's eyes when it dropped all
support for ham radio.
> From what he says, it looks like Radio Shack will
> continue its devolution
> into a "7-11 class Electronics Convenience Store".