Re: Streamer growth was Re: RF ground

"I was struck by this comment from Ed Phillips-

 >you can see that the vast majority of the energy stored in
 >that field is within a fairly small radius of the coil (roughly the
 >height of the coil)

Isn't this another piece of evidence that points towards the secondary
height being the most important factor affecting streamer length? The
larger the field, the more energy you can store in it before it "lets
go".
It's really similar to what Jim Lux (iirc) was saying the other day
about
larger coils having a lower energy density.

Steve Conner"

	I'm struck by it too!  Don't remember making that comment or what the
context was.  I don't see how you can draw the conclusion that the size
of the field has much to do with the energy stored in it.

Ed (Phillips)