Streamer growth was Re: RF ground

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I was struck by this comment from Ed Phillips-

>you can see that the vast majority of the energy stored in
>that field is within a fairly small radius of the coil (roughly the
>height of the coil)

Isn't this another piece of evidence that points towards the secondary height being the most important factor affecting streamer length? The larger the field, the more energy you can store in it before it "lets go". It's really similar to what Jim Lux (iirc) was saying the other day about larger coils having a lower energy density.

Steve Conner