Re: Brightness of streamers vs. ground strikes (Rogowski coil)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I made a Rogowski coil setup that I use for my can crushing setup with a fast op amp integrator.
http://tesladownunder.com/misc1.htm#Measurement%20of%20high%20current%20pulses
It has a 5000 A/V scale allowing it to read to 50,000A. I have tested the frequency response to being linear out to 25kHz at least. What sort of response do you think I will need for ground rod strikes knowing what we do about streamer/arc capacitance and resistance?

Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 2:20 AM Subject: Re: Brightness of streamers vs. ground strikes

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>
You may want to measure current in the struck grounded
rod by  ,say, Rogowsky belt sort of a registration
device.This may reveal much to you about the discharge
going on.

All the Best,
Boris