Re: ScanTesla700 - Now were playing with power :-)

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Terry,

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Malcolm,
>
> The stupid MathCad will not label the axis with the text I want :-p  I did
> "try"...  I have not upgraded recently ;-)
>
> OpenOffice has trouble with axis labels too...  I might have to breakdown
> and load stupid Excel again....  At least the colors and all are pretty ;-))
>
> Here is a nice DRSSTC primary bang chart it made though:
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/StevesDRSSTCPriBangChart.gif

This doesnt open for me, is that the right URL?

> > BTW - The program thinks Steve's coil should be tuned for a primary > inductance of 13.5uH and a coupling of 0.178... The streamer energy rise > is a nice straight line there giving a very good rise time. The efficiency > of the coil (Freau number) is max there too... It will be a little > sensitive in that area, so a little fiddling is needed ;-))

Cool!  I will shoot for that then on the next run.

  Assuming the
> actual coil is nice enough to agree, the program seems to be able to find
> the optimal tuning and all like it was hoped.  Speed does not seem to be a
> big problem at all since only a few of the parameters are typically scanned.
>
> So far so good!!

I will have to figure out this program some more so i can put in
parameters for my BIG coil (i want it to be running perfectly in time
for Ed's thon in august).  In time i guess!

Steve