Re: Wattmeters

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Steve,

Well, since i got my boost converter working today, i can comment at
least on the kill-a-watt readings for my tiny DRSSTC.  The coil
usually drew about 400W when i had it cranked up, but the PF read
about .8-.85 usually with just using the old voltage doubler input.
With the boost converter, the PF is .99, and the power is still in the
400W area.  I can do a double check tomorrow, keeping everything
constant except the power supplies and compare PF and W between the 2
supplies.

I think i will also be testing my DRSSTC-1 on the new converter.  The
K-W should be happy at reading that power too... hopefully it is
indeed around 1200W like i expect it to be!

Sorry, i cant give up *my* meter... just too useful, but i do want to
see your results along with my own.

Steve