Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/20/05 8:43:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matt,

>>Understanding does not necessarily mean agreeing with or accepting
>>verbatim. Neither does genius imply infallibility:

>>Aristotle was a genius, but his idea that the brain's function was
>to cool the blood is wrong.

>Yes, Aristotle was a genius.  Just so happens the human head radiates
>a huge amount of heat from the human body.  About 30% radiation of
>total body heat in adults and around 50% in infants.

The cooling process is due to the blood vessels on the outside of the skull. For most, the main function of the brain is for coordination, correlation, and thinking YRMV

>>DaVinci was a genius, but his muscle-powered flying machines couldn't fly.

>Yes, DaVinci was a genius.  Human powered flying machines rely only
>on human muscle power.  The Gossamer Albatross was a human-powered
>aircraft built by Dr Paul B. MacCready. On June 12, 1979 it completed
>a successful crossing of the English Channel to win the second Kremer prize.

Yes but again, unrelated. No one could have made DaVinci's machines work AS he designed them.
>>Newton was a genius, but his devotion to alchemy was misguided.

>Yes, Newton was a genius.  Modern accelerators commonly and almost
>effortlessly produce new and different elements and isotopes every day.

But not by any of the principles that they espoused or even dreamed of. Their system was fatally flawed. And in case you hadn't noticed, to date, gold has been changed into lead, not lead into gold.

>>Tesla was a genius, but his beliefs about the Aether were wrong.

>Yes, Tesla was a genius. Do you really expect us to trust your false >examples and faulty logic?

>stork

No more so than your equivocation of false counter-examples and faulty logic, trying to give an air of legitimacy to obviously flawed ideas. Actually, I expected to convince You of nothing and I expected that You would continue to believe in that which you have up until now.
I DID try to show up the kind of off-centered reasoning that leads to pseudoscience from Aether theory to Homeopathy; and in that, your cooperation could not have been better.
Quid erat demonstrandum.

Thank you,
Matt D.