Re: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/20/05 2:28:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ahhh......it is indeed not enough! As I adjust the inductor (ie
variac) the voltage continuously drops! NO resonant rise. I thought
4uF was enough? the motor is .3A at 7.5W....other's have had sucess.....

Maybe I should change the inductor...I'm sick of changing the cap! I
might try a simple light dimmer from Lowes.....but if I have to, I'll
go with another cap...

I don't think the light dimmer will work.  Another variac may help.
There may be some interaction there.  You could try about
6 or 8uF for the cap.

John