RE: Capacitor Help Needed

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The caps used in the MMCs have a lot higher rating than 200 V -- try
1,500 and 2,000 Volts.  Run a bunch of these in series and you have zero
problems.
The initial cost is a bit high but they will last forever.
The recommended caps to get are the 942C series from Cornel Dubilier.
http://www.cornell-dubilier.com/catalogs/PULSE-942C.pdf

Distributors listed here:
http://www.cornell-dubilier.com/distframe.htm

Bulletproof. Some people on this list have them for sale from time to
time.

I do not recall seeing __any__ post on this list where someone recommended using 200 V caps for Tesla applications.

Baggies are a very poor choice for dielectric.

What bottles were you using?  Were they all the same or was one
especially thinner than the rest?
Bottle caps if done correctly have a very good track record.