Re: Topics Moderator note

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/18/05 11:02:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>If pupman users are hostile to discussions of Tesla's Wardenclyffe machine
>and his "world system," and if these are officially off topic, this
>is a VERY important bit of information that needs to be on the web in a
>prominent place, such as part of the above list.

Hi,

To decide that something is outside the scope of this list is very different than being hostile to it. "Pupman users" are not hostile to Tesla's "world system", Dali's paintings, Gregorian chants, or the plight of humpback whales . It is a mistake to confuse "beyond the scope" or even "rampant indifference" with active hostility. The "Wardenclyffe tower" which, to the best of anyone's knowledge, never actually worked and was based in part upon some erroneous assumptions about the nature of the atmosphere and the earth itself is right on the "slippery slope" of Teslaism. As Terry pointed out, while your questions dealt with technical problems of low frequency resonant coils, it was on "our edge" of the slope. It is my understanding that this list's primary focus is on techniques of construction, safety, operation, and improvements in efficiency of HF resonant transformer apparatus (Tesla Coils), but certain "application" topics can easily slide over the edge.
Admittedly, some individual members may become hostile over Evangelical Teslaites trying to seize it as a forum for faith-based speculation on the use of Tesla coils to improve plant growth, enhance astral projection, interdimensional travel, or to cure acne, leprosy, and halitosis.
There are many web sites that actively encourage the wildest speculation on the fringes of scientific thought and they have occasionally produced a sprinkling of interesting ideas, (what James Blish referred to as "crackpot mining"), but this is not one of them.