Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:29 PM Subject: Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dest

> Original poster: father dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> hi Steve.

My limitation is the cost of *me* buying the 8 or 6 awg wire to add my
own, more powerful, line.  The fact is, i dont need more than 20A
because the coils arcs are already the maximum size for my space.  If
i go too much bigger, i risk arcing to power lines.  Anyway, we have a
100A service to our house, so that is in fact the maximum.

Steve Ward

> ---
> Your not coiling unless your blowing capacitors! Then when you get
> things worked out to where the capacitors stop blowing, you start
> blowing transformers. (c) Richard Quick 11-03-93 20:42

I've always wondered what would happen (without actually trying it, don't wanna PO the power company) of actually arcing to a 14.4 kV power line. I'm guessing a blindingly bright arc with enough current to make the secondary go nuclear and perhaps tripping the substation breaker making a whole neighborhood blackout. Am I right? I'd still love to see what a 100A can do with a optimized DRSSTC. Ever thought of building one and actually running it somewhere else? Tho the secondary might be hard to move...

Mike

Mike