Re: Repairing NST's

I've successfully restored two NST's with shorts at one end by using a
powerful hot air gun.  The tar at that end was heated with the gun until
it started to run, poured and/or scooped out (very carefully) and save
for repotting.  Took several hours but in each case I finally got all of
the tar out of the space around the bushing at which point the "short"
was gone.  Never put the tar back in.

	This is a lot quicker and less messy than depotting the whole thing or
using solvents, but may not work in all cases.

Ed