RE: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

> Now for the exciting results!! ;-)
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-04.jpg
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-03.jpg
>
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DaveTest-02.jpg
>
> My pictures are not as pretty as Dave's, but the effect is
> very plain and obvious.  Very easy to reproduce...
>
> So far, the effect seems to be very simply Ampere's law with
> Maxwell's displacement currents and  Kirchhoff's current law
> here on page 6 of the circuit theory book.  I never could
> have spelled Kirchhoff myself ;-))

This is great!

Let's look at the theory you are presenting.  You are producing
the same result that I am, and quantifying the same effect.

According to my theory, the electrons are manifesting in two
different modes.  One is a high potential, low current mode, and
the other is a low potential, high current mode.

Let me put it this way, if there is just one form of charge, then
there would be just one color and thickness of spark, but of
varying intensity.

Do you think you can measure the potential and current of those
individual sparks?  If it turns out that both sparks have the
same potential, then that would indicate there is just one type
of charge.  But if it turns out that the potential from topload
to vacuum tube is greater than from vacuum tube to ground, then
it would indicate two different modes of charge.

I have another problem with your hypothesis.  According to
Kirchhoff's law, the current going in is equal to the current
going out.  According to Ohm's law the current is going to take
the path of least resistance.  If the vacuum tube is connected to
ground, why would the displaced currents flow away from ground
and toward the resistance of the spark gap and the potential of
the topload?

According to your analysis, there should be more power from the
vacuum tube to the ground than there is between the topload and
vacuum tube.  I wonder if this is true.  If it turns out that
displacement currents are feeding current to the tube, then that
might mean we have evidence for longitudinal waves.  This is the
type of power transmission that Tesla claimed in his Wardencliffe
design.  Also, how do you explain that current is being received
in the tube other than by induction?  It is one thing to displace
currents, it is another thing entirely to pick them up and use
them.

This really is exciting.

Dave