Re: Advice on secondary

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Malcolm

How did you determine the Q of your coil?  Was this measured?  Im just
curious if you had a nice process for accurately measuring it (since i
dont know how to take form material into account in theory).

Just a side comment about cardboard forms.  I used a sono-tube form
for my big DRSSTC.  I removed the outer layer of paper with the
writing on it and put 2 coats of varnish on it.  Sanded it then wound
the coil.  Its 8"x45" and has produced nearly 12' sparks so far.  Im
very curious to find out the Q of this coil though, as the idea of the
cardboard form still worries me a bit.

Steve W