Re: Hello from The Newbie

"Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For secondary coil forms, check places that sell flooring -- Is there a
Home Depot or Lowes in your area?

Carpet and Vinyl Flooring are shipped wound on strong cardboard tubes
2-3" in diameter.

Welcome to the list and good luck"

	I've had good luck with carboard tubing over the years, both mailing
tubes and "carpet" tubes.  My usual procedure is to shellac the outside
and when that's dry start peeling layers off the inside of the tube
(cut a piece and you'll see how it is wrapped and how you can start the
stuff peeling) until it's around 1/2" thick, then shellac the inside a
few times, shellac the outside, and use it.  If the tube is small enough
to fit in the oven I bake it for a few hours at 250° F first to dry it
out.

	Paper and shellac are old fashioned but they work just fine.

Ed