Re: Parallel resonant DRSSTC (long)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Of course I'm sure Antonio can derive a formula for optimum tuning of a
> multiple resonant SSTC (MRSSTC?) in the same way as he did for
> multiple-resonant spark-gap coils, that will ensure that all the resonant
> elements ring up, then suddenly snap together and lash all that energy into
> the topload. But this level of theory is quite beyond me.

I did it:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/drsstc.html
Everything implemented in the sstcd program:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs
(The site appears to be down today...)

I identified three different solutions, two with excitation between the
resonances and another (usually impractical) with excitation above the
two resonances.

The idea can be easily extended to higher-order networks, as a triple
resonance (magnifier) configuration.
I have an accepted paper describing how to derive these designs, that
I will soon make available.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz