Re: DRSSTC - I think I heard Cross Conduction...

Original poster: Sue Gaeta <sgsparky@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Unfortunately, you lost me with that question, so maybe someone else can answer that.
The scheme I used is shown on both Steve Ward's and Dan McCauly's site. Here is one of them: <http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/datasheets/sc2045_sheet2.pdf>http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/datasheets/sc2045_sheet2.pdf
Upper left hand corner shows the CT.

For some reason, I had to go with totally different cap and resistor values in my pulse modulator to get it to work right. The duty cycle range was way too low with those values shown in that schematic. Be prepared to do some diddling, even if you copy someone else's tried and true design. Then again, you are not me, it might work perfect for you as is! :-)
Sue

Initially it seemed crazy to suggest putting 10k in series with the o/p of
the CT.
If its a CT it requires a low impedance.
When I thought about it, if the output from the 10k going to a much lower
impedance then the voltage peaks will correspond to the zero current
crossings of the input and no zero crossing detection is required neat. Do I
have it correct? where is your circuit?

Robert