Re: Tiny DRSST was Re: Ultra tiny coils!

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm sure anyone who has worked with a plasma etcher at 13.5 MHz can tell you
stories about high voltages on tuning circuits.

I've seen corona on inductors at those kinds of frequencies.

The real problem is not detuning (the Q of the secondary will be quite
high.. not many turns required to resonate at 30 MHz) but drive power.  I
think that corona off the windings themselves might also be an issue.

You'd probably want to do a classic oscillator driving a power amplifier
kind of design (MOPA), rather than a power oscillator.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 11:17 AM Subject: Re: Tiny DRSST was Re: Ultra tiny coils!