Re: electrode distance for stationary spark gap

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Folks.

only semi-off-topic.

Is there such a rule of thumb for RSG's. too?
Or is it just "as narrow as possible"?
Or should the minimum gap distance in the RSG
be equal to the distance of a static gap within the same
system..... which would that be for 12600VRMS/
ca 16KV peak for 6mm headnuts (o.d ca 8mm )

regards

Christoph

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 4:29 PM Subject: RE: electrode distance for stationary spark gap